Starting the publishing business:
In May 1992 the publishing company vierdreiunddreissig was started officially.
Today the program consists of more than 200 sheet music titles and orchestra scores, as well as several CDs.
The name was influenced by John Cage who – under the spell of Zen – created a piece named
Main focus of program:
- Contemporary music
All kinds of solo- and chamber music, works for choir and orchestra.
Among this about 80 works by Rudi Spring. Also music from other countries, for example
Canada, Hungary, Japan, Ukraine.
- Literature for hammered dulcimer
On a regular base we publish sheet music from all historical periods (from Renaissance to today),
both concert music pieces and educational editions.
All music for hammered dulcimer we carefully prepare in close cooperation with
who teaches at the Music University (»Hochschule für Musik und Theater«) in Munich.
Among them are urtext editions, a first edition by Vivaldi, and also contemporary music especially ordered
from various composers.
- Text books by the Munich Liebfrauentheater
Great, poetic and feministic-anarchistic productions of music theater, created and directed by
Sonja Breuer and Martin Leitner, with music written by Paul Engel. We
take care to present the text and play books of the
to the public as precious editions.
Publisher vierdreiunddreissig deliberately disregards the capitalistic rules:
- Prices of sheet music are customer-friendly and do not reflect the actually invested working time
- Most of the work gets done as voluntary work
- Quality of music, score setting and presentation is appreciated higher than a potentially higher income
- Accessibility of our contemporary pieces is our first concern:
for that reason we offer them as a free download
in the internet, in the widely known PDF format.
In this way our program stays opinionated, subjective and in some ways unruly.